Here is a list of things you will want to bring to your tax appointment. You may not need everything on this list. Please do not stress-out over trying to bring everything to the appointment. We want to complete your return as quickly as possible and make the experience as painless as possible.

Please Do Not Stress-Out Over Trying To Bring Everything To The Appointment. We Want To Complete Your Return As Quickly As Possible And Make The Experience As Painless As Possible.

If you have your Social Security card, bring it with you to the appointment. If you have changed your name (due to marriage, divorce, etc.), let us know which last name the Social Security Administration has for you. Bring the Social Security Card and date of birth for each of your children.

Current Driver's License(s)

We will need your driver’s license to verify your identity.

Last Year's Federal And State Tax Returns

Please bring a copy of last year’s income tax return with you. Some information from the prior year’s return(s) could be helpful in calculating this year’s tax return.

Wage Statements - Form W2

For employee income, you will receive a Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, from each of your employers. If you have not received this form by the beginning of February, you will need to contact your employer. Employers are required to send W-2s by January 31. Bring all Wage Statements with you when you come in to have your income tax return prepared.

Child Care Expenses And Provider Information

Do you pay someone to provide care for your children while you work, or search for work? You may qualify for a tax credit of up to 35% of your expenses. You will need to bring the provider’s name, address and Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). This can be a Social Security Number (if the provider is an individual) or an EIN number. We will need the total amount of expenses you paid during the year.

Medical, Eye Care And Dental Expenses

Do you itemize your deductions? If so, then medical, eye care, dental expenses and premiums paid for health insurance may be deductible, if your total expenses for the year are greater than 7.5% of your Adjusted Gross Income (total income, minus federal adjustments allowed). Review these expenses with your preparer to determine whether you qualify for this deduction.

Charitable Contributions - Cash And Non-Cash

Have you made charitable contributions during the past year? Cash contributions to your church, Salvation Army, Goodwill and other charitable organizations can be deductible, if you itemize your deductions. Bring a record for contributions you made directly and through employer withholdings (such as United Way). You MUST keep the written acknowledgments from the charitable organization. Non-cash charitable donations (vehicles, clothing or real property), are valued at the fair market value. You should receive a written receipt or acknowledgment of these contributions from the charitable organization. Keep records of your contributions and provide your preparer with your contribution amounts at the time we prepare your income tax return.

Mortgage Or Home Equity Loan Interest Paid - Form 1098

If you itemize your deductions, you may be able to deduct your qualified mortgage interest and/or home equity loan interest. Points may be deductible. You should receive Form 1098 by January 31, which shows the interest you paid in the previous year. If you do not receive this form, the information may be found on your mortgage bill. Bring Form 1098 (or mortgage bill) when you come in to have your taxes prepared. If you do not receive Form 1098, or the information is not on your mortgage invoice, call your mortgage holder directly.

Real Estate Or Personal Property Taxes

If you itemize your deductions, you can deduct amounts paid for real estate and personal property taxes from your Adjusted Gross Income. Bring proof of tax payment in when you come to have your income taxes prepared. If your mortgage company pays real estate taxes for you from an escrow fund, they will send proof of this payment on Form 1098 by January 31. To get the amount paid for Personal Property Taxes contact your taxing authority and ask them to give you the amount paid during the year.

Unreimbursed Employment-Related Expenses

If you have necessary job expenses (required uniforms, protective clothing, employment agency fees, dues to professional organizations, etc.) for which your company did not reimburse you, you may be able to deduct these expenses. Keep records of your expenses and bring that information in to your appointment.

Educational Expenses

Tuition paid for college classes (any family member) may provide additional tax credits. Bring the amount you paid for higher education (1098-T) to your appointment.

Educator Expenses

Are you a teacher in grades K-12, an instructor, counselor, principal or aide who has logged at least 900 hours of work in school during the year? If so, you may deduct up to $250 of qualified expenses paid.

Pension Or Retirement Income - Form 1099-R

Bring your Form(s) 1099-R (Distributions from Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.) to you appointment. You should receive this form from the payer by January 31.

Investment Or Dividend Income Statements - Forms 1099-INT And 1099-DIV

INTEREST INCOME: If you earned interest on any of your investment accounts during the prior year, you should receive Form 1099-INT (Interest Income) by January 31.

DIVIDEND INCOME: If you received dividend income from stocks or funds during the prior year, each company or institution will send you a Form 1099-DIV by January 31.

Student Loan Interest - FORM 1098-E

You may be able to deduct the interest you paid on student loans. You should receive a Form 1098-E showing how much interest you paid during the year.

Did you receive Social Security payments? If so, some of these funds may be taxable income. The Social Security Administration should send you this information by the end of the year.

Unemployment Income - FORM 1099-G

Did you receive state unemployment compensation? If so, it should be included as income on your return. The State should send you Form 1099-G by January 31. Contact your state office if you have not received your Form 1099-G.

Sales Of Stocks Or Bonds - FORM 1099-B

If you sold Stocks or Bonds bring Form 1099-B to your appointment, along with any brokerage statements (showing dates bought and sold), confirmation receipts (showing cost basis and fees paid), so we can get you the lowest tax rate available for your situation.

Self-Employed Business/Farm Income And Expenses - FORM 1099-MISC

Do you run a business as a sole proprietor or professional? If so, you are taxed on gross income minus expenses. Bring all your accounting records (This includes Form 1099-MISC) showing your income totals and expense items.

Lottery Or Gambling Winnings - FORM W-2G

Did you win cash or prizes last year? If so, those winnings may be subject to income tax withholding. If you receive gambling winnings of $600 or more, the payer should send you a Form W-2G. This form shows the amount you won and the amount withheld, if applicable.

Lottery Or Gambling Losses

Did you know that gambling losses could be deducted on your income tax return? Only up to the amount of your gambling winnings, though. You need to keep a written log that includes the date, location, type of gambling, amount of wager and your winnings and losses.

Income And Expenses From Rental Property

Do you own rental property? You will need to report as income any money received as rent. You can deduct certain expenses for your rental property (acquiring, maintaining, insuring and operating).

Alimony Paid Or Received

If you paid alimony, it is deductible on your income taxes. If you received alimony, it is taxable income. Child support is neither deductible nor taxable. If you paid Alimony, you will need to bring the recipient’s Social Security Number.